Siemens India Ltd., Indian arm of the global manufacturing conglomerate Siemens AG has committed a total contribution of Rs. 20 Crore for fight against Corona Virus in India. The contribution would be divided into following initiatives in different fields:
- Providing critical medical care equipment such as Ventilators & Analyzers to several healthcare facilities across India
- 40,000 PCR test kits to be delivered to Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)
- Setting up a test lab at the National Cancer Institute in Jhajjar, Haryana, which is converting an 800-bed hospital into a Covid-19 critical care-center
- Creation of Isolation Units at select Siemens’ facilities
- Support to migrant and temporary workers
In addition to above contributions project and service engineers of all verticals of Siemens India group companies are working round the clock to support essential services. These services include essential equipment in hospitals, diagnostic laboratories, power plants, transmission & distribution systems, critical metro & rail equipment systems, and manufacturing facilities of essential goods. The support to medical facilities is not being charged for.
Expressing his views on the situation Mr. Sunil Mathur, Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer, Siemens India, said “we are ensuring that we continue to support our extended supply chain and the temporary workforce at this time of need. All payments are being released on time to them. We are especially proud of our project and service engineers who are working under very difficult conditions to ensure that critical facilities in hospitals, diagnostic centers and essential infrastructure & services continue to function & remain operational”.