Industry NewsLatest NewsPowerSpotlight

Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Power Project Inaugurated by Indian PM

Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi dedicated the 750 MW Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Power project located at Rewa district, Madhya Pradesh to the nation on 10th July 2020 via video conference.

PV Solar Power plant

Rewa is Asia’s largest Solar Power project, and for the first time in India a renewable energy project will supply power generated to institutional customers outside the state. The project will supply 24% of its produced energy outside the state including to Delhi and remaining 76% shall be supplied to state distribution companies.

More About the Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Project

SECI logo

The solar park was developed by Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Ltd., which is a joint venture of Madhya Pradesh Urja Vikas Nigam Ltd and Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI). The project is spread over 1,500 hectare area with three solar generating units of 250 MW each.

Rewa Ultra Mega Solar is first solar project in India to break grid parity barrier. As explained in Press Information Bureau article dated 10th July 2020 ‘Compared to prevailing solar project tariffs of approx. Rs. 4.50/unit in early 2017, the Rewa project achieved historic results: a first year tariff of Rs. 2.97/unit with a tariff escalation of Rs. 0.05/unit over 15 years and a levelized rate of Rs. 3.30/unit over the term of 25 years’.

The Rewa project shall add greatly towards achieving India’s target of 100 GW of solar installed capacity by 2022.