The construction arm of L&T has secured back to back significant* orders in its varied businesses both in India and overseas.
Details of Orders Secured by L&T Construction
Heavy Civil Infrastructure Business
L&T Construction has secured a significant order from Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL) for the construction of Rishikesh-Karanprayag Tunnel 2. As mentioned in the company’s press release dtd 12th December 2019, the scope of work includes construction of main tunnel with parallel escape tunnel, ballast-less track that runs inside the main tunnel, bridges and other formation works in the state of Uttarakhand.
Power Transmission and Distribution Business
L&T Construction has secured another set of significant orders both in India as well as overseas as mentioned in L&T Construction press release dated 4th December 2019:
- An empanelment and rate contract has been awarded to provide off-grid DC solar photovoltaic water pumping systems with standalone lighting systems for farmers in Aurangabad, Nashik and Pune revenue divisions, Maharashtra
- An order for design, supply, and construction of a 132KV Substation project with associated 132KV cabling works has been secured from one of the government utilities of the United Arab Emirates
- In Middle East additional orders have been won in ongoing projects
Transportation Infrastructure Business
L&T Construction has secured another set of significant orders, as mentioned in company’s press release dated 4th December 2019.
- Add-on order has been secured for an expressway with an existing client in Qatar
- Various add-on orders have been received in the Water and Effluent Treatment (WET) and Metallurgical and Material Handling (MMH) businesses from some existing projects
About the company: L&T is an Indian multinational engaged in technology, construction, manufacturing, engineering and financial services, presently operating in 30 countries.
*As per the company’s press releases mentioned above:
|Value in ₹ Cr||1000 to 2500||2500 to 5000||5000 to 7000||>7000|