AirportsIndustry NewsLatest NewsSpotlight

L&T Bags Navi Mumbai International Airport Contract

L&T logo

Larsen & Toubro an Indian multinational major of Engineering, Construction, Manufacturing has bagged Major* Engineering, Procurement and Construction contract to construct the greenfield Navi Mumbai International Airport. The contract is bagged by Transportation Infrastructure and Buildings & Factories businesses of L&T Construction.

L&T’s Scope of work for Navi Mumbai Airport

L&T’s scope covers cut and fill works, terminal works including departure and arrival forecourts, airfield development works which include a 3,700 m long south runway, apron systems, taxiway systems, airfield ground lighting and other facilities. It shall also construct landside facilities (roads, multilevel car parking), utilities and support facilities.

About Navi Mumbai International Airport

Navi Mumbai International Airport (P) Ltd., is a Public-Private Partnership venture in which Mumbai International Airport Pvt. Ltd. (MIAL), a subsidiary of GVK-led consortium holds 74% while CIDCO, the nodal agency of Government of Maharashtra holds the remaining 26 percent. It will be built on 1,160 hectares in phases and will eventually cater to 60 million passengers per year.

L&T Larsen & Toubro

Mr. S N Subrahmanyan, Chief Executive Officer & Managing Director, L&T: “ We are happy that we have bagged the mandate to build the Navi Mumbai airport. GVK has entrusted L&T to develop some of their major infrastructures and L&T reciprocates their commitment to build a world-class airport and to transform GVK’s vision into reality.”

GVK logo

Dr. GVK Reddy, Founder and Chairman, GVK: “We are happy to partner with L&T yet again, as their team is very much in sync with our philosophy of delivering world-class quality and creating landmarks for others to follow. Am confident that with the high standards of excellence that L&T brings to the table, we will deliver yet another world-class airport that will be the pride of India”.

The Classification done by L&T for the order value is “Major*”

*As per the company’s press release

Classification Significant Large  Major  Mega
Value in ₹ Cr. 1000 to 2500 2500 to 5000 5000 to 7000 >7000

More Airport Projects in Hand: L&T Construction is presently executing the construction works of major airports at Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad and Delhi.