On 25th August 2020, Union Minister for Road Transport, Highways and MSMEs Shri Nitin Gadkari inaugurated and laid the foundation stone of 45 highway projects worth around Rs 11,427 Cr in the state of Madhya Pradesh through a web-based function.
The virtual function was presided by Chief Minister Shri Shivraj Singh Chauhan and serveral other ministers and officials of the state.
Total length of road unveiled is 1,361 Km. These projects will enhance connectivity, convenience, development of backward or remote areas and thus will greatly contribute to the state’s economic growth.
While highway projects worth of Rs 8,818 Cr with a total length of 992 Km were inaugurated, foundation stones were laid for projects worth Rs 2,609 Cr with total length of 369 Km
Foundation stones were laid for following projects:
- Construction of 4 lane ROB at Km 14+800 (Jerai) on Katin-Beena section of NH-934 costing Rs 77.26 crore
- Construction of 2 -lane ROB at Km 36+800 (Jarua) on Sagar-Khuraj-Binasection of NH-934 costing Rs 66.49 crore
- Construction of Major Bridge at Betwa River (436 m) at Km 81/2 on NH-539 costng Rs 24.66 crore
- Construction of High level Bridge across Kshipra River at Km 20/2 on Indore-Betul section of NH-47 costing Rs 9.36 crore
- Reconstruction of 6 nos. submersible/ narrow/ distressed bridges on Jabalpur-Dinori section of NH-45 Ext. costing Rs 26.02 crore
- Strengthening work in Km 1/550 to 23 of Indore-Betul Road on NH-47 costing RS. 14.03 crore
- Strengthening work in Km 32 to 35 of Ambua to Dahod on NH-56 costing RS 2.58 crore
- Strengthening work in Km 41 to 55 of Gulganj-Amanganj-Pawai-Katni Road on NH-43 Ext costing Rs 6.58 crore
- Strengthening work in 40.4 Km on NH-539 costing Rs 16.73 crore
- Strengthening work in Km 1, 2, 5 to 10, 13, 14, 18, 20, 26 to 33, 77 to 85, 96 to 98, 162 to 195 of Dinara-Pichhor Road on NH-346 costing Rs 33.27 crore
- Strengthening work in Km 115, 122, 127, 128, 136 to 148, 159, 182, 183, 188, 201 of Sawai Madhopur-Sheopur-Goras-Shyampur Road on NH-552 Extn. costing Rs 11.02 crore
- 4 laning of Nanasa to Pidgaon from Km 95.000 to 142.445 of Indore-Harda Section of NH-47 costing RS 866.64 crore
- 4 laning of Harda to Temgaon from Km 0.000 to 30.000 of Harda-Betul Section of NH-47 costing Rs 555 crore
- 4 laning of Chicholi to Betul from km 81.00 to km 121.248 of Harda-Betul section of NH-47 costing Rs 620.36 crore
- 4 laning of Katni Bypass section of NH-30 costing Rs 194.4 crore
- Banmor-Shanichara Mandir road under CRIF scheme costing Rs 19.92 Cr
- Shanichara Mandir-Bateshwar Padavali Rithora road under CRIF scheme costing Rs 13.36 crore
- Kheda Ajnoda Kutwar-Bichola Rithora road under CRIF scheme costing Rs 22.19 crore
- Ichhore Dinara road to Village Mijaura-Chanderi-Pichhor road via Chandu Pahadi, Manka, Kachhowa, Gadroli, Khurai, Jungipur, Bhitargawan, Manpur road under CRIF scheme costing Rs 29.62 crore