On 14th July 2020, Union Minister for Road Transport, Highways and MSMEs, Shri Nitin Gadkari inaugurated and laid the foundation stones of various highway projects in the state of Haryana through a web-based function. The projects are worth around Rs 20,000 Cr. and are part of new economic corridor. These projects are in line with the infrastructure development towards achieving five trillion economy.
As reported by Ministry of Road Transport & Highways on 14th July through Press Information Bureau, Shri Gadkari said “These projects will benefit people of Haryana in big way by providing smooth connectivity within the State, as well as to other States like Punjab, Rajasthan, Delhi and Uttar Pradesh“.
These projects will reduce travel time between cities and also save on fuel and cost. The travel time between Delhi airport and Chandigarh will come down to 2 hours from existing 4+ hours.
These projects shall also help in development of backward areas of the State.
Details of the Various Haryana Road Projects
Three highway projects worth of Rs 2,240 crore were inaugurated, which included:
- 35.45 km four-lane from Rohna to Jhajjar of NH 334-B costing Rs 1,183 Cr.
- 70 km four-laning of Punjab-Haryana border to Jind of NH 71 costing Rs 857 Cr.
- 85.36 km 2-lane with paved shoulders Jind-Karnal Highway on NH 709 costing Rs 200 Cr.
Foundation stones were laid for eight road projects worth Rs 17,757:
- 227 km 6-lane access controlled Greenfield expressway from Ismailpur to Narnaul on NH 152D in 8 packages costing Rs 8650 crore.
- 46 km 4-lane Gurugram Pataudi-Rewari section of NH 352W costing Rs 1524 crore
- 14.4 km 4-lane Rewari Byepass costing Rs 928 crore
- 30.45 km 4-lane Rewari-Ateli Mandi section of NH 11 costing Rs 1057 crore
- 40.8 km 6-lane Narnaul Byepass on NH 148B, NH 11 and Narnaul to Ateli Mandi section of NH 11 costing Rs 1380 crore
- 40.6 km 4-lane Jind-Gohana (Pkg 1, Greenfield alignment) of NH 352A costing Rs 1207 crore
- 38.23 km 4-lane Gohana-Sonipat section of NH 352A costing Rs 1502 crore
- 40.47 km 4-lane UP-Haryana Border to Roha on NH 334B costing Rs 1509 crore.